Thursday, May 27, 2010

2012: Y2K Part 2 or The End?

Ok so this post really has nothing to do with that subject but I had a dream I was writing a blog with that title last night so I figured I’d throw it in for my own amusement. Granted in the dream it was 12/12/12 and there were just days before 12/21/12, which is this supposed end of the world. I prefer not to think too much about it. The thought of the world ending scares me. Chuck has a theory that, while yes the Mayan calendar is ending, it doesn’t mean the end of the world. It simply means ‘all the Mayans that are left will have to run to Target and get a new calendar’. Guess Wal-Mart doesn’t carry specialty items like million year long calendars. Anyway, I prefer to go with Chuck’s theory and not pay any attention to the end of the world stuff. Well look at that, I just made the subject line fit after all.

Now then, moving right along…

I admit it, I watched the finale of “Celebrity Apprentice”. Yes I still hate reality TV but Bret Michaels was a finalist and I love me my Bret. And with everything that’s happened to the poor guy the last couple of months I was surprised he was showing up for the live show at all. I’d stop right now if you don’t want to know who won.

I warned you…

So I was quite happy Bret won…ok, I squeed. A lot. Yeah, I did. Bret really is an amazingly creative man and I think a good hearted man as well. We don’t see this much because his other reality show, Rock of Love, didn’t put him in the best light. (Can you saw womanizer?) For the record Bret has a girlfriend. He’s still with Kristi Gibson, the mother of his two daughters. Even if they were ‘taking a break’ during the RoL days, and I’m not convinced they were, the RoL winner never stood a chance. He and Kristi are in it for the long haul. Reality TV is a joke, what do ya want?

So today I’m in an uncharacteristically crummy mood. No real reason that I can pin point…I’m just not my normal bubbly self. And goddess help me, I’m faking it the best I can. I’ve been nice to every single customer I’ve spoke with today, which is not how I was feeling at all. OK, so I might have mildly snapped at my supervisor, and that wasn’t smart, but considering how I’m feeling today it could have been much worse. I know, I know…I’m the sibling that’s supposed to be in control and let things slide off my back. I am that way for the most part but I have bad days too and this is one of them. No real reason, other than I seriously need a vacation. Let’s hear it for 3 day weekends. Hooray!

And finally, I want to offer up a quick internet lesson for all of you computer illiterates out there (although if you’re reading a blog from a Podcast page how illiterate can you be???)

1) Google, Yahoo!, and Bing are NOT browsers, these are SEARCH ENGINES. (Yes, yes, I know, Google Chrome is, not what I’m talking about). Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, and Chrome ARE browsers.
2) A web browser (or just browser) is how you access the internet.
3) YOU CAN enter a URL at the top of the browser page and get to a website without a search engine. In fact it’s actually time saving to do so.
4) The little box at the top of the browser where you enter the URL is called an ADDRESS BAR!
5) A URL is a web address! (Example: http://www.unchartedwind.com)

People rely too much on Google to get to website they know the address to and it drives me insane.

Oh, one more thing…go check out my new LiveJournal, read my short stories, and leave me comments! Find it at http://twistedangl11.livejournal.com. Please? I’ll give you peanuts…

KTF,
Cilla

0 comments: