Monday, January 7, 2013

Matt Bomer for Dick Grayson

If you know anything about me you know I'm a massive Matt Bomer fan and I've been campaigning for years to see Matt Bomer play Dick Grayson/Nightwing in some capacity. That all said you might think the news that Bomer is voicing Clark/Superman would be thrilling to me.

You're be wrong.

But Cilla, you're a Bomer fan, you should be thrilled that he's doing a comic movie.

No, I shouldn't be. I specifically want to see him as Dick and this marks the third time he's been tied to Clark. He was originally considered for "Superman Returns" prior to Brandon Routh. He did play Clark in a Japanese car commercial that has since gone viral on YouTube. Now this. He is going to get so tied to Clark that all the idiot fan boys won't be able to see him as Dick thus he'd never be considered for the role.

Will I watch this new movie? Yes, I'm a Bomer fan and I'll support whatever he does. Hell, I even sat through a whole episode of Glee because he was in it...fucking Glee people! So yes, I'll watch it. Will I complain at every chance and probably campaign harder for him to play Dick? You betcha. I blame Andrea Romano for this. She does all the voice casting. Dear Andrea Romano, next time you need a voice for Dick use Bomer. Just saying.

That said, next time you are bored and feel like tweeting something for the greater good simply tweet #MattBomerforDickGrayson. Together we can make it trending and get through to DC. Matt Bomer was born to play Grayson and this needs to happen.

0 comments: