Thursday, January 3, 2013

Why I Don't Need a Man...

Why is it that people think a woman needs a man in order to be happy? I can't count the number of times I've said I was single and got sympathy in response. Why? Personally I feel sympathy when someone is in a relationship, but that's me.

Personally I truly enjoy being single. I don't have any relationship drama, I have no one to answer to, I have no one to bitch at me about not spending enough time with him, my time outside work is my own. I love that.

I mention all this because it happened again yesterday. A co-worker asked me if I had a boyfriend and when I said no she asked if I was talking to anyone. When I said no again she was sympathetic. When I explained it was by choice and I didn't want a relationship she acted as if I was full of it and was trying to convince myself of this because I was alone.

Why is it so damn hard to believe a woman can have a fulfilling and satisfying life without a man? Honestly, why do I need a man? Sex? Warmth on cold nights? A dildo and an electric blanket do the same with less hassle.

Don't misunderstand. I'm not saying I would never be in a relationship if one happened to happen. I'm just saying I'm happy without a guy and I don't need one. It doesn't matter if a relationship comes along or not. I'm happy with my life either way. I don't feel I'm lacking something by not having another person by my side. I find it offensive people act like I'm an incomplete person because I don't have a mate.

Newsflash, I am a complete person and if I find another complete person to share my life with then that is fine. If not I will be complete regardless. Why is this such a fucking hard concept to grasp?

You women out there that think you need a man and aren't happy if you're single are weak, pathetic, and frankly an embarrassment to the female gender as a whole. You are the reason men think they can treat us like shit and we'll come back for more...because you do! You women are the ones with the problem. Not me. Find out who you are, be single, be happy with your life, then find a mate if you want. Otherwise you're just a shell of a person without your own identity and you're a pathetic excuse for a woman.

0 comments: